Submissions are open for our 2017 print issue! Deadline Sept. 1st.
This year’s judges will be David Garrison in Poetry and Mary Grimm in Prose.
The poetry of David Lee Garrison has appeared nationwide in journals and anthologies, been read by Garrison Keillor on The Writer’s Almanac and by British actress Tara Fitzgerald on the BBC, and been featured by Ted Kooser on his website, American Life in Poetry. David is one of the Greenville Poets, and a more extensive profile and other poems of his can be accessed on their website: http://greenvillepoets.org/
Mary Grimm has published a novel, Left to Themselves, and a story collection, Stealing Time, both with Random House. Her stories have been published in The New Yorker, Redbook, Antioch Review, Mississippi Review, among other places. She teaches fiction writing at Case Western Reserve University.
$1000 prizes in Poetry & Prose
- Submissions close at midnight EST on September 1st.
- All contest entrants will receive a copy of the winning issue and be considered for publication.
- All entries should be original and previously unpublished.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine.
- $15 entry fee for up to 3 poems (no line/length limit) or one essay or story (5000 words maximum). Multiple entries are fine.
- All entries must be sent through our Submittable interface.
Click here to submit.
Online only submissions will continue to be open all year round for multimedia, longer pieces, and anything else that is better displayed outside of traditional print publication.