Slippery Elm Prize Guidelines
- $500 prizes in Poetry & Prose
- 2019 Judges: Neil Carpathios in Poetry, and Sharon Short in Prose.
- Submissions open annually in December, and close at midnight EST on Feb. 1st.
- All contest entrants will receive a copy of the winning issue and be considered for publication.
- All entries should be original and previously unpublished; all rights to the submitted works must belong to the submitter.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine.
- $15 entry fee for up to 3 poems (no line/length limit) or one essay or story (5000 words maximum). Multiple entries are fine.
- All entries must be sent through our Submittable interface.
- All contest entries will be considered for publication in Slippery Elm’s 2019 issue.
- We welcome General Submissions from all, but those currently or recently affiliated with the University of Findlay or Slippery Elm should refrain from entering the Contests. Although judging will be blind, we wish to avoid any potential appearance of conflict of interest.