Slippery Elm Prize Guidelines
- $1000 prizes in Poetry & Prose
- David Garrison will judge in poetry, and Mary Grimm will judge in prose.
- Submissions open annually in May, and close at midnight EST on September 1st.
- All contest entrants will receive a copy of the winning issue and be considered for publication.
- All entries should be original and previously unpublished; all rights to the submitted works must belong to the submitter.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine.
- $15 entry fee for up to 3 poems (no line/length limit) or one essay or story (5000 words maximum). Multiple entries are fine.
- All entries must be sent through our Submittable interface.
- All contest entries will be considered for publication in Slippery Elm’s 2017 issue.
- We welcome General Submissions from all, but those currently or recently affiliated with the University of Findlay or Slippery Elm should refrain from entering the Contests. Although judging will be blind, we wish to avoid any potential appearance of conflict of interest.